I'm always surprised when people remember me. I guess I never really felt like I was important enough to make an impression. In a world that is full of flash, I always feel like I blend in, beige, green, or black. I don't like to be in the spotlight, I would rather be the one in the back singing, cooking, and dancing some crazy step, hoping nobody will notice what a huge dork I am.

Today we were at Metro in the Park, it rained, kind of made me laugh. No matter our plans God sometimes has a different. It was dripping every so often, wasn't really raining but we got a little wet. I would like to think it was God with tears of joy to see all those people worshiping Him, praising Him for all the blessings He has sent our way. We are so blessed.

I saw Stacy, she always remembers my name, I introduced myself to Mike for him to only tell me that he met me at 3rd Day "yeah, I know", I thought, "but I'm surprised you remember me." I don't know why I think that no one would remember me, maybe it's a life of average. I was never a winner. I was always picked last, never was the most popular, I just fit in, people knew me but not someone I think people went out of their way to meet. It also amazes me that God pays so much attention to me. Gives me bright beautiful days, new friends, food, a home, not one thing I have comes from me, it's all for Him.

I often feel like I am somebody's someone. I am Bob's Daughter, Phyllis's Mom, Sara's friend... etc. But I am God's girl. I am proud to be all those things. I am glad that I have been blessed by so many, that God has surrounded me by so much love.

The Lord will work out His plan for my life--for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever. Psalm 138:8

Comments

Margie said…
they are on the counter
KayMac said…
I was there...where were you?? I was under the flying tents...which was so hilarious.
tina fabulous said…
you picked the wrong blog posse to be a part of if you intend to be ignored! we're pretty much the loudest, most opinionated, and occasionally obnoxious people around.

kaymac- i'll trade you the flying tents for the rainy stage of electrocution!
Margie said…
i was there, I got pics of everyone trying to hold it down.

But see, I can blend in because I am obnoxious too!