Inadequate

Sometimes I wonder what the heck I am doing? I'm not qualified. For a lot of things.

VBS co-chair? are you kidding me? when I signed up for it last year, I had been to ONE VBS and all I did was take pictures. I know what kids like because I have one, thank goodness you can buy those little books and information so they tell you what to do... and from there... you can be creative.

I am speaking at a Prayer Service in August, I did it last year. I worked on it for 2 weeks. I never did it before, the people that go to my church, they are well versed in the bible, like I am going to teach them something. Yeah, right. But I give it my best shot. I liked it but I feel a little overwhelmed. I am always afraid no one will show up, it will be just me and God (and that's ok too).

Now, going to "lead" a bible study. Oh yeah, did I mention that I never did that before? Oh yeah, that should be interesting, I will have to study a lot so I don't look like a fool and don't embarrass God (or Beth Jones - it's her bible study).

I often feel inadequate. I think there is no way I can do it, and if I do, people will think I am an idiot or think "this time she really did something she wasn't prepared to do" but looking back on Sara's post the other day, being unprepared isn't an option. I will pray, listen, and execute. God will make sure I have what I need. I am in adequate, I am bruised and broken, but thankfully God can pick up my pieces and put me back together, and use me.

All things are possible with God. Matthew 19:26

Comments

Pat said…
That's one of the neat things about God...He loves to restore the bruised and broken. He doesn't just restore, He makes them better then before! I have no doubt your a great speaker and leader because your not doing it of yourself, your letting God use you as the instrument to bring His teaching to others. You go girl!
Sara said…
you are gonna rock! i'll be praying. and remember, the only vessels God uses are broken ones.
Tonya said…
Margie you are going to do great..