"a lie becomes the truth" (Billy Jean by Michael Jackson)

I have a great friend, she is very dear to me, I haven't known her very long, but we have a ton in common, it's ironic that when we talk, I understand her experiences because we have had so many of the same. I know God brought us together in friendship, to celebrate each others victories, to comfort each other in our times of need. We have both had "old lives" and are so pleased that we now live our life in Christ. My issue today is that we have a mutual person (the person who introduced us - for once it's not Sara) who lied about her, just said a lot of things that were not true about her. Now, normally, i would mind my own business, "I'm Switzerland", but this time I felt it necessary to let my friend know because really, I prayed about it and it was wrong the things this person was saying about my friend, and I love her. And somehow, oh i know how, the mutual person (first I used mutual friend, but there is nothing friendly about her) is now lying about ME!

So my first instinct would have been to go over there and pop that person right in the nose. Ok, thankfully, I did not. But I started praying about this lying thing, I prayed for the mutual "friend", I think that she doesn't even realize how wrong it is. I think she lied, then she had to cover it up, and with all the dirt she used to cover it up, she began to believe her lies, I actually think she believes her lies as the truth because of all the justification. A lie is a lie and say them about me, I may forgive, but I don't know if I will forget, trust is a big thing with me, break my trust and it's tough to rebuild, especially when your truth is not the truth, how will I ever know if you are lying or telling the truth. I am a straight forward kind of person, I tell you what I think, I typically don't hold anything back, I try to live my life in an honest way, I've learned in a few short years that it's easier "to keep your story straight" if there is nothing to hide.

So I am praying, for my true friend (and her punkin, she got bit by a "skeeto" and had a reaction), I am praying for the liar, and I am praying for me (selfish, I know).

But the moral of the story, just tell the truth, it's easier on everyone.

In hope of eternal life which God, who cannot lie, promised before time began - Titus 1:2
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor - Exodus 20:16
You have not lied to men but to God. —Acts 5:4

Comments

Tonya said…
Margie, A very nice post. You know that I am deeply sorry that this is happening to you. I did not want this to boil down to this. I love you, and I do not want anything bad to come your way because of drama in my life. Thank you for being such a good friend.

P.S. Grace looks a lot better, and on the way to recovery.

Love ya,
Tonya
Margie said…
how did you know it was you... lol...