Serving

It's really been on my mind a lot lately, once VBS is done, how is that God is going to use me? I was watching "Second Chance" with Michael W. Smith last night, we had to break out the Soundtrack today, it's great, pick it up if you get the chance. I got it for $.97, bargain!! It is really worth the full price, sorry, I digressed.

There is a song on the soundtrack, #2, it's all in the serve. Music touches me so much, someone said if you sing, you pray twice. Last year it wasn't that difficult to figure out what I was supposed to do because I was doing so much, my biggest thing was to make sure I was glorifying God the whole time, that is probably when I learned most that it's about Him, not about me. I am a "Go Big or Go Home" kind of gal, so sometimes it's difficult for me because I hate being in the spotlight, really, but whatever I do, I like to do things that matter, I like to see the results, I guess that kind of sounds really selfish because I know it's not about me, but I like to see how God's kingdom is growing, why would you plant flowers if you never got to see them grow. I try to remember patience... but well... I am me after all.

So I have been asking God a lot lately, "You sure this is what you want me to do? Doesn't seem like much God, You sure". We have a lot of conversations, "trust Me". I do. I think of Matthew 17:20, ...if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Now, I don't know if you know, but a mustard seed is pretty small, and somedays my faith seems like it, but I also equate the things I do to something that small. I think about the kids going to Thailand, now that's big, not only for them but all the people who are praying for them, supported them, and are brave enough to let go. I look at Marilynn and Bridge to Hope, that's HUGE! So I ask God, "Forms, you want me to do forms? How about a big program??" The answer comes... "OK... I'll do forms." It's all important.

So I am telling God no matter what it is, "Hold my feet to the fire, Till I’m breaking a sweat, Till I never forget". Whatever it is. I'm here. Just waiting...

It's all in the Serve.
Never gave you nothin’
People couldn’t explain away
Never gave you nothin’
Without something to gain
Never could slow down enough
To study a face, but now
I wanna know your name

Chorus:
Hold my feet to the fire
Till I’m breaking a sweat
Till I never forget
Your calling
Keep me on the line
Give me the nerve
Here it’s all in the serve

Locked in the diamond lane
I kept driving past it
Better to be safe than learn
What you’re about
Give me another chance
To go where you're going now
I’m here to walk it out

Comments

Sara said…
a servant's heart. that is christ in the real world. God, give me a servant's heart and not just a servant's hands that do the work with a complaining mouth.
Tonya said…
Nicely said both Margie and Sara. Margie, you and your music, you crack me up, I bet you and Sara's MR. would have so much to talk about, you two would just take over the conversation discussing Music.