The story of Margie & VBS

I love VBS. Only because of God am I even involved. I never did VBS as a kid, actually two years ago, I took pictures, tons of pictures, that was my first experience with VBS. The next year they announced in church they needed a chairman (or chairperson -whatever). Crickets... I raised my hand (mostly out of guilt), "I'll do it if someone will help me". Along comes Dana, we had just started working together on the Evangelism team. So... here were two months to throw VBS together, honestly no clue, but we had a packet and we knew Sheila would do 2/3 grade, and Brent would do music. God would do the rest. That's what we thought, and boy, were we right!

VBS Ramblin' Roads somehow came together, by God's grace. And to Him goes the glory! Dana had already planned a trip to Florida starting the Tuesday after VBS started, I was in school full time, thankfully my teacher was a Christian and understood, yes, God works in awesome ways.

After registration on Monday, I was heard saying "never again, I am never doing this again". By Wednesday, I was already thinking about what we were going to do next year. Yeap, that's right, God worked in mighty ways.

So this is year two, Arctic Edge (unless I spell it, then it's Artic Edge, but whatever). I am addicted to God, addicted to the kids, and addicted to spreading His love one kid at a time.

I have no idea how He does it, but He does, He puts me in the right place at the right time. He knows what I can do, and what I can't, He takes care of the rest. Make no mistake about it, there is no way I could EVER do this without Dana, we're a team, and a great one we are. I hate registration, she does awesome at it, I do the crafts, she doesn't have to. I would be no good at teaching (or singing) but God gives those talents to others so I don't have to worry.

Are you wondering, are we going to do it next year? Yes, next year, we are leaping with into something totally new, we are doing it without a "template", we're going on our own with "Soldiers of God" shamelessly stealing from Metro's Boot Camp Idea (and Jeremy if you are reading this, I'll be calling). I know we can do it because God is with us all the way.

I love VBS, I am amazed at how God works in my life everyday. From teaching me that I can't do everything, to the love of the kids that I have, how they melt the ice that has formed.

Today's verse was Jer 29:11. it's one of my favorites. I think, I can have peace if I remember this one. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

There was three today, hope you don't mind.

Comments

Sara said…
there's doing the work with a bad attitude and then there's you. doing kingdom work with a kingdom mind..no stopping you.
Tonya said…
You are awesome Margie, I love to read your love for the children and God. I can feel your love when I read your VBS posts.
Anonymous said…
I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»