The things I do...

I have a pretty full plate, employee, mom, daughter, friend, church-goer, church-doer...

I like to be busy, I like to be involved, I like to volunteer. But here's the issue sometimes, I do too much (don't say a word), and sometimes I don't enjoy all my blessings because I am just too tired.

Last year I was a list of things, Evan Board, VBS coordinator, Sunday School teacher, volunteer extrodinare. Because I was so exhausted God gave me specific directions, "the church needs some 'doers', they need leaders too, but this year, it's not you - do you hear me, it's not you!"

So this year, I am working on some small stuff that needs to be done, making up paperwork, doing a little booklet, still doing Driven and VBS, and I sit and pray "are you sure Lord, I could do that?" And it's always the same "nope".

There are things in my life that I am not sure what my purpose is, I don't know why I am there, the school I chose, the job I am in. I do know one thing, whatever the reason, it's all about Him, its not about me.

So as I embark on some new things for me, its about the Glory to God, not the Glory of Margie. And whatever it is that He wants me to do, He'll bless it, and doors may shut, only to be replaced by bigger, and better double french doors. As I sit here, and pray, "dear Lord, you know I love You, and I know You love me, and Lord, whatever you ask, Lord, it's all for Your good, and how You are going to work in the lives of others. So no matter what it is, Lord, my answer is yes. Yes to whatever you have in store for "little me". In Jesus' Name I pray. AMEN

Proverbs 16:3 Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.


And Bryan, thanks for making me laugh!

Comments

Pat said…
I love double french doors, especially when they are wide open with heavenly breezes blowing in! The problem with being an over-doer is #1 ~ you get burned out and B. ~ it gives excuses to others not to do their part.
Got does see the intent of your heart, and it's all good!
Tonya said…
I agree Pat, I does give excuses to other to not do their part.
MSU gal said…
Hardest part about being a single parent is not having that second person there everyday to help pick up some of the slack.

You know what the priorities are...tend to them first.
Sara said…
i'm coming in late to agree with pat and tonya! like anyone will read this now!
KayMac said…
good post margie