Today the key word for VBS is TRUST. Yesterday was a success, well, I think everyone thought it but me. Don't get me wrong, it went well, I think no one realized the mistakes except me. Which I guess is really good. Every year I think of ways to improve it.

The kids had a blast, it is amazing how people step up and use their gifts, we have an awesome choir director and his wife (who also teaches) who do the music, the teachers are so great, the crafters, the kitchen helpers, the enrollers, recreation, it's great!

Last year I was a stress ball. This year, I am sure I looked concerned, but my heart was trusting, I knew God had it all under control (on Friday I was a little stressed), everyone showed up (that's always a bonus), the kids looked like they were having a lot of fun. Ms. Angie had the little ones walking like polar bears, and talking on thin ice, it was great to see (and you know there's always that one kid who wants to break the ice so everyone falls in).

I have some ideas for next year, not sure if I think we should do a theme packet or go on our own... We will see, we will listen, and we will Trust.

Today's verse:

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.

P.S. I was going to write about this verse yesterday, but I couldn't find the words until after VBS, isn't it funny how God works... I needed to learn the lesson first...

Comments

DZman said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pat said…
Yet one more blog on trust that I've read lately..is God trying to tell me something? I think I should start listening! I bet those kids are having such a great time..they'll never forget you!
Tonya said…
I am sure that it was so cute to see the little one's walking like polar bears, what a blast. I am sure that the children are have such a wonderful time.
Sara said…
You are so awesome.
Anonymous said…
I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»