Why Jesus tells us to confront someone when we feel they have 'wronged' us...

There is a woman at my church that whenever she gives me a suggestion, I hear "you suck and you are not doing it right". Now, this really has NOTHING to do with her, it has everything to do with me. She is (or at least seems) to be great at so many things, and I have my own insecurities and so.... perception is completely wrong. COMPLETELY WRONG, are you hearing me?

So I was in a meeting with her yesterday and I percieved the wrong thing, but thankfully I walked home so I had plenty of time to think and pray about it... and The bible says... so I did... I even started with "it's probably me, not you" and you know what?! It was! It was all me. Satan is trying to stop a lot of things in my church because he knows God's work is on the move. And that little stinker (Pat that is NOT the word I wanted to use!) does little things to put road blocks up. But aha... God won, as He always does when we do what He tells us to do.

When people correct us for the things that need improvement, before we get upset, we need to examine OUR heart and give them the benefit that their heart is honest and pure. And if we are upset, we need to go to them, and speak with them about it, we might even get some good ideas for other things.

Matthew 18:15 15"If your brother sins against you,[b] go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over.

Comments

Tonya said…
Great post Margie. This is a good one to think about when in my new position at work, think before you speak and try to say what God would have me to say, as to not put the person in the same situation you are in.
Pat said…
Slow to speak...maturing in the Lord, that's the path your feet are on. How wonderful for you at your young age to progress so far, God must be pleased. Oh, I'm please too, I don't feel any need whatsoever to correct your language! Aren't you sorry I read your blog?! Now you know what my girls have to put up with!!