God loves us so much

I have a little devotional that moves me in a big way. Mocha with Max (Lucado). Yeah, I don't even like coffee, but I love this little devotional recommended by our Youth Pastor, my friend, Julie.

It's been in a pile for awhile, I was cleaning my house getting ready for some friends to come over. You know my theory on house cleaning, clean but not so clean it intimidates people ;) but I found this opened it to where I left off.

Perfect Love.

Yeah, that's God's love for us. No matter what we do, fabulous or uh.. not so fabulous. He loves us for our fabulousness and our screw ups, even for our housecoats. He loves us. He will never turn His back on us, He will never say "Holy Moly, what the heck did Margie just do, I don't think I love her anymore". That is why I am brave when it comes to God and His work. I know that if I am called to do something and I forget to get out of my own way, He'll clean up the spilled Kool-aid, fix it, we'll talk about it and He will still love me. No need to worry.

Earlier in the day I was wondering about Jer 29:11, I wondered while we are down here living if sometimes by our choices God has to get out the eraser and rewrite our stories... I guess I got my answer. Is He great or what?

1John4:18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

Dear God,
Good morning, thank you for this beautiful day You have blessed me with. THanks for reducing the heat some, it was getting so hot, I really think hell was jealous... But Lord, I have a request, as I always do. Please give Sara, Pat, Becky, and all the parents and people who love the "Thailanders" peace. Lord, we know in our heads and hearts that You called these awesome kids to do Your work, we know that in Your perfect love, we have nothing to fear, they are Yours, and You will watch over them. Thank you God for all You do in Your perfect love, I love you. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Comments

Pat said…
First of all, I love your house cleaning theory "clean but not so clean it intimidates"...that's pure genius! Perfect love does drive out fear..His perfect love. Another inspired post! Oh, thanks for all the Thailand prayers, I believe they are the reason I have perfect peace...again no fear!
Tonya said…
I am all about your house cleaning theory as well, that is great.