The "worst" of these being used.

Did you ever watch the movie “Armageddon”? It has Ben Affleck and Bruce Willis… if you haven’t seen it, I honestly wonder what is wrong with you or if you've been living under a rock… but watch it.
It’s about these guys who dig oil who some may deem “the least of these” unlikely heroes. A gambler who has been ordered to leave his son, a genius who is a little out there who spends $100K on a stripper with money from a lone shark, a mouthy kid who loves the owner’s daughter (who the owner tries to kill). It’s a movie full of misfits, called to save the world.
And I also find it funny that these are not guys who you would think would pray. They seem a “little rough around the edges” but there is a lot of praying going on, and at least one time Bear, the big bald black guy “praises God”.
The movie has been on a couple of times when I have been cleaning or doing something. But I was watching the end today (yes, no matter how many times I watch it, I cry). And I was thinking, wow, they were picked to save the world.Isn’t that what we’re called to do? I know I am blessed, but sometimes, I am “the worst” of these, not just the least of these. But God calls each of us to go save the world, one soul at a time, unless of course, you’re Sara, and then it’s like 5 at a time.
Given my history, I should not be called to save anyone. I am the worst of these, some skeletons are so big, and they would knock the air out of you if they fell out. But thankfully God continues to use me in ways I never thought possible.
I think of “the thailanders” as I like to refer to them, and I am so thankful they are called to go on Missions to Thailand. I am so proud of them, like they are my kids. I look at how God uses them because they were open to being used. I think we can use them in our lives as examples. Willing to help others learn the Word of God, because after all, isn’t that what Jesus commands us to do in the Great Commission. I believe it is important to go out to other countries as long as we don’t forget about the home front. To reach out to those who God has placed in our grasp. Our Co-workers who are probably more able to listen to us and the Love by our actions or our family, those who are not saved. People in the grocery store, our friends.
I’ve said it before; I’ll probably say it again. God use me. Your will be done. I can’t always promise I will be up to it the first time You tell me to do something, but I promise, I’ll listen.
Gal 5:13 You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love.

Dear God, almighty God, there hasn't been anything we've ever needed that You haven't provided. Even when we forget or are just too stubborn to ask for. Those beautiful children You sent to Thailand, Lord, please make sure they have the strength to do Your work. And Lord, Adam and Katie are just more awesome than I could put to words, Lord, thank You for them. Give all of them renewed strength and spirit to carry out Your will. And Lord, if the load is too heavy for Little Miss to carry(because of her collarbone), please give her strength and courage to ask for help. God You are our all in all. Give us all strength to carry out Your will, because Lord, we know that's what YOU want us to do. Use us Lord, in little ways and big ways, one at a time or 10 at a time, just give us the words and actions. In Jesus' Name I pray with all that I have. Amen.

Comments

Pat said…
I can visualize mountains moving when you pray. You are a missionary in the highest degree. I honestly can't wait to read your blog every day. Here's a really big - hard hug ! {hug} Did you feel it? Sorry if it was to hard! :)
Tonya said…
Margie, You already do work in people lives and change the world every day, especially by the work that you do in teens lives. Teens need the word of God with all of the struggles that the suffer, and you deilver in a clean fun, godly way.
Sara said…
margie you amaze me. God makes being used a good thing. he pretty much turns it all inside out, huh?