Daddy Daughter Day

It’s funny how I was a little jealous of Mike and his daughter’s and their daddy/daughter day. I really try to make sure my dad and my daughter get their time together and sometimes I feel like I get what’s leftover.

My dad and I had daddy/daughter day. Well, evening. We went and had dinner and saw “Invincible” with Marky Mark (and I know he doesn’t like to be called that, and if I ever meet him, I promise, I won’t call him that – HE’S HOT!!).

It was a great time we spent together.

I caught myself thinking that maybe God knew what He was doing when my mom died. Yes, I know, I should never doubt, but I miss her, you know, and I never quite understand why He took my mom from so many that loved and needed her.

You know, she had a rough life, she was the only pregnancy my g-ma kept. She grew up without a father, he never accepted her. She was found in an orphanage and lived with “Boosha” who threatened mean things. My mom was married once before to get out of the house. Maybe God knew she had been through enough and decided to bring her to paradise.

Who knows what my life would have been like if she was alive. I’ve fascinated about it my whole life. When I was a kid, shopping with my mom. As an adult, I know she will be looking down on me when I get married, but it would have been nice for her to be there in person. But I have a great relationship with my dad. We are very close and cannot imagine my life without him.

God had my plan all laid out. He knew what He was doing. He always does. Following God takes a lot of faith. I’m thankful that it only takes the faith of a mustard seed to move a mountain. I can’t imagine my life without His watchful hand over it.

Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Comments

Sara said…
i don't know what to say except your courage to keep looking at your loss and letting God teach your through it humbles me.