The hearts of girls

Today I spent the day at Adrian Training Facility. I spent the day with girls who's next step is prison. Girls who need love more than they need anything. Girls who I can only touch when God works in me, and I am obediant to Him.

I went in 'blind'. I volunteered for this because my friend Marilynn asked me to. She told me she needed women volunteers to touch the hearts and lives of young girls. It's a cause that is near and dear to my heart, because I have a young girl, and I was a young girl. The choices they have made do not make them bad. They have made bad choices, who of us is without sin?

My heart was pulled in a direction I was not prepared for, the news of our Gracie Girl, ripped at my heart. Lord, cover her in Your love. But I knew I had a task in front of me that was bigger than I am.

I am one who can be very positive, I am also one that can put up a wall that makes the Great Wall of China look like nothing when I am scared. I knew I was called. I knew that God cleared everything on my calendar to be there for those girls who needed... Him, not me. I was the vessel.

When we got there, you can only imagine the faces of the those beautiful children, who have been beaten down by the world. satan works extra hard in them because he knows, should God call out to them, and they answer, those girls would be a force to be wreckoned with. A lot of them walked in with bigger walls than me, but thankfully with a little lift from God, I climbed over, looked down, and climbed in.

There was one, "J". She walked in, and walked out. It's easier to be not loved, I bet she thought. She came back. I got her a name tag, I made her get involved (in a nice way of course). It takes bravery to let your guard down, and she needed to be brave. They did a reconcilation service. the girls were to write down what they wanted to lay at the cross. She tossed hers to her friend and said "through it up there". Though Jesus loves us, it's hard to come face to face with Him, or in this case, face to cross. I just prayed and asked God - what do I do, I know she wants to go, I know she does. "Ask her to go with you?" "WHAT?!" Again, He said the same thing. I invited her, told her I was a little nervous, and you know what, I wasn't lying, I sometimes look up there, what He did for me. It's a little intimidating. She said "if you want me to" - "I do".

When we sat down, I put my hand out, as to invite her to hold my hand, should she feel it necessary. She held my hand, almost the whole time.

God is a God of Love. Of Peace. God is a user. He will use any of us, sometimes when we are unwilling. God blessed me more than I can tell you. God is so good. All the time.

Pray for those girls.


Love Them Like Jesus - Casting Crowns

The love of her life is drifting away
They’re losing the fight for another day
The life that she’s known is falling apart
A fatherless home, a child’s broken heart
You’re holding her hand, you’re straining for words
You trying to make - sense of it all
She’s desperate for hope, darkness clouding her view
She’s looking to you
Just love her like Jesus, carry her to Him
His yoke is easy, His burden is light
You don’t need the answers to all of life’s questions
Just know that He loves her and stay by her side
Love her like Jesus
Love her like Jesus
The gifts lie in wait, in a room painted blue
Little blessing from Heaven would be there soon
Hope fades in the night, blue skies turn to gray
As the little one slips away
You’re holding her hand, you’re straining for words
You’re trying to make sense of it all
They’re desperate for hope, darkness clouding their view
They’re looking to you
Just love them like Jesus, carry them to Him
His yoke is easy, His burden is light
You don’t need the answers to all of life’s questions
Just know that He loves them and stay by their side
Love them like Jesus
Lord of all creation holds our lives in His hands
The God of all the nations holds our lives in His hands
The Rock of our salvation holds our lives in His hands
He cares for them just as He cares for you

Comments

Sara said…
i don't know what to say. this is awesome. and your servant's heart amazes me.
Tonya said…
That is such a wonderful story Margie. I am speechless... How beautiful.
MSU gal said…
Great post. you never cease to amaze me.
KayMac said…
Margie, how beautiful. Reading this felt like being in church. God is amazing. You are such a reflection of Him!!
I stumbled on your site looking for some lyrics. I found the lyrics to my own heart after reading your post here. It's inspiring, because I can relate. I can see myself doing the same thing, and feeling the same way. Keep showing your authentic side in your posts!

maybe i'll catch you when the time is right.. ;)