Here I am to worship

Do you ever wonder where you should serve, and where you end up almost seems like an accident?

Yesterday I went to ATS (I thought it was ATF) to work with those beautiful girls. There is no doubt in my mind that God cleared my schedule, cleared my sometimes cloudy heart to begin a good work in them. My problem? I like to jump in with both feet and sometimes I jump so fast, I forget to look for water. This is not a have some people over for dinner kind of serving. This is a "these girls have been abandoned, molested, hurt, you name it" commitment. Whatever I do, it's a commitment. One that I am not going to walk away from.

I bought a "Gutsy Bible Study for Girls" book last October, I wasn't really sure why, I just thought it was cool. Thinking about doing it there. Don't know if I can do it, but I know God can, and I can be the vessel, as long as I can get out of my own way and let God right on through.

ATS asked us if we would come once every other month and do a worship service on a Sunday. I am working on getting something together. I am trying to think of different things to do so it's not always the same and something they can really look forward to, even if they are afraid to act like they look forward to it. Thinking in October... Halloween treats. Something they don't normally get.

There is a lot of thought going around in my head. I don't know how to explain it, I know this is what I am supposed to do... just not sure of the 'how'.

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and all your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3

Comments

Pat said…
You don't 'talk the talk' you walk the walk...you live what you preach, and I'm so touched by your life. You may think you'll only be instrumental in a single girls life, not so, that touch will ripple down like water in a stream...you'll never know how far it has reached. God bless you in all that you do in His name.
ps
love that picture of your sweet daughter going to school..what a beauty. She must make your heart sing!
KayMac said…
will be praying for you...what an opportunity!!! can't wait to hear all God will accomplish!