service


Do you ever feel like you are pulled in a million directions, wanting to do more, but you just can’t? Do you wonder why you can volunteer for something that maybe you’re not called to do, but someone who has the talents doesn’t step up and do it?

I’ve felt like that numerous times, all at different times in my life! Right now, all I can think about is how much I would LOVE to join a gym and work out 4 days a week!! I love to read on the Eliptical, I would be thrilled to take my bible along with me to the gym (thus killing two birds with one stone… “growing” back into my size 8 clothes & growing in His Word). But no cash to join such gym. I would love to join or start a Women’s Bible study, but that would take MORE time away from Phyllis and every thing else I do. I know it probably seems shallow, but I barely have time to get my nails done once every two weeks!! Putting God first is important to me, but sometimes I feel like I need to make sure I don’t neglect my family. I don’t think He would want me to run myself ragged, and neglect the blessings He has given me, does that make sense?

I feel like people complain that there isn’t “something” but they are not willing to step up and start “something”. Most of my friends lead busy lives, and since most of my friends are Christians (who live by Christ) they do step up. But Lord, we’re tired down here. We need some strength, some energy, and Lord, we need some help! Lord, I know You’re calling out to them, but Lord, they’re not answering, for whatever reason. Lord, can You please call louder, call their cell phone if they are not answering at home, can You give them a good swift kick to get them motivated. If You want us to call them, please let Your voice be heard when You use us.

Eph 4:12 to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up

1 Tim 1:12 I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service.

Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
I know just what you mean! Theres that verse that says pray to the Lord of the harvest for the laborers are few...but youcertianly shouldn't neglect your family...
Your "normal' birthday party sounded just right to me...:)
Oh yeah, I think a girls getaway in a mountain cabin sounds perfect!! Wouldn't we all have fun??