Door closing


I had a rough week last week. I cried, I cried. Not too much laughing was involved.

When I was a kid we had that “Footprints” saying on our wall. I always understood it. But I never believe that God really carries me so there are two sets of footprints. I always imagine Him holding my hand.

Sometimes we walk along, holding hands like two people who totally love each other. Everything is good, kind of swaying our hands back and forth. You know, kind of being silly.

And sometimes we walk along, just holding on, having some great conversations, some serious stuff. Just holding on, because I know He is there.

Sometimes, we’re not walking along at all. We’re sitting on my bed, Him right across, and He’s got ahold of both my hands, holding them, and comforting me in whatever is ‘ailing’ me at the time.

Sometimes, we’re not holding hands though, sometimes He has me wrapped in His arms, sheltering me from whatever storm I am going through at the time.


Today, Pastor Jeremy was talking about how we are free IN CHRIST. We no longer have to hold on to what is behind, but we can move forward in what God has for us. I am sure that Pastor J’s sermon touched a lot of people. But honestly, I know that God had that very sermon intended for me. I need to shut the door on what is behind in order to accept lovingly what God has in store for me, ahead. God could shut it for me, but sometimes I think He wants me to do it for myself.

Comments

Tonya said…
Jeremy Sermon was a Great Sermon!