Fear, Love, Trust

You know, I'm reading that book, kind of going about it slow. I read it when I have time to soak it all in, and sometimes I only get to read a page or two... but I am soaking it in like a sponge. (And remember, these are my thoughts, not yours & maybe even not the thoughts the author intended me to have)

So, I got a couple of questions for you... you can answer them in the comments or not. They are mostly to think about...

1. Do you really believe that the Father of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is gracious and He cares about you?
2. Do you really believe that He is always, unfailingly present to you as a companion and support?
3. Do you really believe that God is love?

So the book goes on to explain that we should not be afraid because if you answered Yes to all of those questions, you know that God loves you, and really if God is on your side, there is nothing to fear. Jesus didn't come to make us fear, the bible says in John 10:10 that He came to give us a great life. Now, that may mean that we need to surrender to Him, because after all, it's not about US. It may mean that we need to step out in faith so we put our trust in Him. But just as we love our children, we know that they need to learn lessons, and we will always love them. Because we have the grace of God, no matter how bad (or even how good) we are, God will always love us, He is open to have a relationship with Him.

I've been thinking about the last few weeks. I've been stressed about losing my job, stressed about what my new job will be, I've even been stressed about "him" and after reading all that, I was thinking "you dope, what were you worried about?? Has there ever been a time when God didn't make sure you were taken care of? God always loves you, even if you think no one else does" And I started thinking about the Beatitudes and all the things that the world tells us are yucky, God turns around and tells us how we will be blessed.

Well, I'm going to be blessed, because in my heart, I can answer "YES" to all those questions. I know that God loves me, I know that I can crawl into His loving arms and cry if I want to, and rejoice in all the goodness He brings to me.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

Matthew 5:1-12 The Beatitudes
1
Now when he saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him, 2and he began to teach them saying:
3"Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
5Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
6Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
7Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
8Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
9Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called sons of God.
10Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Comments

Sara said…
i started reading the beautitudes the beginning of the year as my own devotional and i'm not done soaking it in yet. beautiful post baby.
Tonya said…
Great Post Margie.. You really are showing your heart..
Pat said…
Good reading..loved this one!
Bar L. said…
Really great post, just what I needed to be remeinded today (and I answered yes to all three).

What is the title of the book you are reading?
KayMac said…
great post! will have to read this. you would also like Desire God by John Piper
Margie said…
The book is Ragamuffin Gospel
Bar L. said…
Ahhh, Brennan Manning is one of my faves, that is a great book!