God has a sense of Humor


Ok, so it's Sunday. I really prayed about my blog yesterday. I really was fine about not being a small group leader. I had my plan all in place, once the singing part of the service was over, I would cut out and go work on the board that we put all our events on...
Yeap, I am out there, just got done putting up the fresh sheets of white paper.
PJ comes up "do you think you could lead a small group tonight?"
Thoughts in my head... "I want to do that board!!"
Answer out of my mouth "sure, if you need me..."
More thoughts in my head...."sigh"

So we go with the first 3 questions after she talks.... uh? did I sign up to be a dentist because it's easier pulling teeth!! The normal small group leader comes over, he helps a little (he's smart!), PJ comes over, she gets them talking a little more...
More thoughts in my head "I REALLY suck at this"...
PJ talks some more about the subject... More questions to the kids, this time the answers come a little easier. THEN one of the kids asks the doozie of all doozies of questions.... "Quick God, I need some words here". The answer came, I don't know if it helped or not, I think it did. But it was a tough one.

After that was all over... I went and finished the board... it looks really good.


And then on the way home Nickelback was on ... And YES i know it's a secular song but the words just hit me...
"Never made it as a wise man
I couldn't cut it as a poor man stealing
Tired of living like a blind man

I'm sick of sight without a sense of feeling
And this is how you remind me

This is how you remind me of what I really am

This is how you remind me of what I really am"

Isn't that so true, we can't make it as wise men, because without Him, what do we really know? And I could go line by line, but I won't.
But tonight was how He reminded that I am His. When called, I do try to answer. And when I needed Him to help out with a student, to be a vessel so they hear God's words, and His voice, and whatever it is that they need to hear, He was there. That's how He reminds me, I am His.


By the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain -1 Cor 15:10


Comments

Tonya said…
So you got to be that Small Group Leader after all.. WOW>>> What a night.
KayMac said…
awesome...i love the creative ways that Jesus reminds us who we are/who we belong to! thanks for the reminder to be listening for my Shepherd's voice EVERYWHERE!
Jada's Gigi said…
I love this post! and His grace was NOT in vain!