A great boss

I had a fun post this morning... but I just got an email that someone I love (and the guy who hired me) was let go yesterday.

I can't tell you with words how much this breaks my heart. I've seen a lot of people come and go, but this one, it really hurts.

If you know anything about me, there is NOTHING that I can't learn or do (with the help of God). This guy, like many others, has helped me to grow professionally and personally. He gave me a huge chance! He has watched me go from a "coordinator" which I spent 1 week filing Microfiche to Sales, to Program Manager (and without him and his team, I don't think my program ever would have launched). He taught me about folding a drawing correctly, the documentation needed when you make a change. He taught me to respect all disciplines because they have all their place. He kept me from opening my big mouth and let me be mean when I was going threw a lot of crap.

We've had Roma Salad more times than I can count (the next one's on me). I've prayed a million prayers for him and his family. I've watched him love his wife and kids

He's amazing.

I am sitting here with tears in my eyes knowing that I won't hear him say "Hey Baby" in the cafeteria and get a hug better than anyone I know.

This I know, he's had a dream of working in a restuarant or bar, running it. And maybe now, he'll get to live that dream. there is no one with a better personality or nature to do that. He takes care of those he loves, and has a million friends. And maybe in all those times he supported us, now we can help him out.

I know this about God, I know that when He closes a door, I know He has double french doors wide open for us, all we have to do is call to Him, and walk on through.

He would joke that he wanted me to write a blog about him, and now I did. I love you Nagel Bagel. You were a great boss, and more importantly, a great friend.

Psalm 31:9 Be merciful to me, O LORD, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and my body with grief.

Proverbs 17:17 A friend loveth at all times

Comments

KayMac said…
what a special person. we will pray for him and his family. plz keep us updated.
Sara said…
praying for mr. bagel right now. may God bless him greatly.
Anonymous said…
Wow, I am so sorry! I know what its like to have a special boss similar to nagel bagel. My prayers for him AND you (big hug).

Barbara