I have a favor to ask...

Normally, I write something that God has planted deep within my heart, or an issue I'm going through, and sometimes it's something silly and self indulgent.

I have a favor to ask you tonight. Yesterday I talked about the altar and how Jesus meets us where we are. So today, if you would grant me this wish.

I would like you to stop where you are, well, after you are done reading this. And pray. Our little Gracie girl, who technically is not mine, she's Jim and Tonya's and they let us love on her is having a bunch of tests on Halloween. I need for you to lift her in prayer. She's having some tests for Celiac's disease and she is going to be meeting with a Pediatric Rheumatologist to check her out for arthritis. Both diseases are autoimmune diseases (I did some homework- God bless the internet). I know A LOT about Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis since Phyllis is now in remission.

I am asking you to 1) pray for Grace's complete healing, there is absolutely nothing that God can't cure 2) if it is His will that she will not be completely healed right away (because we know she will be healed) that the doctors have wisdom, and patience when treating our Gracie Girl 3) I know this sounds like a strange request, but hospitals are filled with Christian Doctor's & nurses, those who lift their patients in prayer, let's pray from some of that too, and lastly (I never just ask a small favor- get used to it) 4) please give Jim and Tonya peace, patience, & wisdom in dealing with the days ahead.

So please, use whatever you want as your altar, just please pray. I know prayer works in amazing ways. I wish I was a great prayer like Sara, but God knows my heart when I just don't have the words.

Dear Lord, I come before You with our Grace, and most importantly Lord, Your Grace. Lord, I ask for complete healing for her, I ask that the doctors and nurses that You send to heal her, know You and love You. Lord, I ask that You give them knowledge and wisdom in treating Grace. And Lord, please take care of her parents, they are Yours too. Lord, I ask that You give them rest, and peace, and a love like only You can. Thank You, Father, in advance for all these things that I pray in Your Son's Mighty Name, AMEN!

Comments

Becky said…
amen
Mrs. Mac said…
How sweet and kind of you to ask for prayer on Gracie's behalf. May the Lord guide the doctors to find the solution to her ailments. Amen!
Tonya said…
Thank you Margie, this made me Cry. You know that I am suffering hard this week thinking about all of this.