Last Year's Birthday Present

Last year, I got this gift. It wasn't wrapped in fancy wrapping paper and it didn't have a big fancy bow, but it did look nice. And it was surely a gift from God, revealing wisdom, grace (two kinds), and a wonderful gift of friendship.

I met Tonya on 12-31-05 at Riverside Cafe before the Thor Ramsey-Metro Event (this is before she was the event coordinator). I was invited by her mother-in-law because she thought me & Tonya would be good friends. She's was right. But the story, that will not be revealed here took a crazy twist.

Tonya and I started emailing, she invited me to P&P with Sara. That was kind of nutty, but it was good, and somehow I like Sara from that moment. Then she invited me to LifeGroup, and they still can't shake this "non-belonger".

Tonya and I talked almost everyday on the way to work in the summer. I don't know how it started, but as soon as I went back to my regular schedule, I missed it.

Tonya has become a great friend, last week, I don't remember which day it was we talked on the way to work, and I got out of my car and thought "I really miss her" and Friday she called, and I invited myself (with Phyllis is tow) over and we met for dinner (jokingly argued about tipping the waitress, but that's another blog) and watched Curious George twice. It was a silly, uneventful evening. But I am thankful for it.

I was in the bathtub (see BG- you're not the only one) thinking about what I was going to write in my Blog... Tonya came to mind and what a wonderful gift God gave me for my birthday last year.

1 Corin 7:7 I wish that all men were as I am. But each man has his own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that.

Comments

Tonya said…
Ahh,... You are just so sweet! I miss talking in the morning too. What a bummer that that darn child of yours had to go back to school.. Darn her! Hey, was 12-31-06 your Birthday? NOONE said anything that night!
Margie said…
my birthday is January 1st...
Jada's Gigi said…
friends are more precious than silver and gold.
Pat said…
I'm getting all teary eyed!
How blessed you both are, God gives the best gifts!
KayMac said…
God is so good. Thank you for sharing your birthday present w/ the rest of us!
Sara said…
hey! i got that gift too!
Anonymous said…
Ditto what JG said!
Mrs. Mac said…
What a nice tribute to your friend.
Pat said…
Hey friend..how about a new post?