Left Out


Do you ever wish you had better gifts? Or maybe different gifts?

I am a Youth Leader for the kids of Driven at my church.

I am the only Youth Leader who is not a small group leader. Sometimes I wish I was. I don't have the talent for it. I could be good at it but I would have to work so hard, I might have to quit my job because I wouldn't have time for anything else.
I sometimes like to be the one in the back. The one who drives to the events, who picks up the kids when they need a ride. I like to do the scrapbooking stuff with the kids or make the Monthly Birthday dessert (we only celebrate b-day's once a month) or make food for something... but sometimes i wish I was the one who lead a small group. I know how much my daughter loved Angie when she was her small group leader, I know how much she loves Alice.

I like to use my gifts, but I'm selfish, I want more!

Comments

Sara said…
i think we all feel this way sometimes. believe me, God uses you big. i often feel bad that all i seem to be able to do is teach. i feel like i contribute nothing of signficance and satan is always telling me that no one is learning from me anyway. keep on serving with your gifts; we need you.
Becky said…
you do good!
Tonya said…
What happened to the story about the tip??? I was waiting anxiously. .. Either way, this was a nice post also. You are great group leader, just the way you are!
Thank you for hanging with us last night, I had an awesome time.. Love ya!