Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Saturday, October 07, 2006

Left Out


Do you ever wish you had better gifts? Or maybe different gifts?

I am a Youth Leader for the kids of Driven at my church.

I am the only Youth Leader who is not a small group leader. Sometimes I wish I was. I don't have the talent for it. I could be good at it but I would have to work so hard, I might have to quit my job because I wouldn't have time for anything else.
I sometimes like to be the one in the back. The one who drives to the events, who picks up the kids when they need a ride. I like to do the scrapbooking stuff with the kids or make the Monthly Birthday dessert (we only celebrate b-day's once a month) or make food for something... but sometimes i wish I was the one who lead a small group. I know how much my daughter loved Angie when she was her small group leader, I know how much she loves Alice.

I like to use my gifts, but I'm selfish, I want more!

3 comments:

Sara said...

i think we all feel this way sometimes. believe me, God uses you big. i often feel bad that all i seem to be able to do is teach. i feel like i contribute nothing of signficance and satan is always telling me that no one is learning from me anyway. keep on serving with your gifts; we need you.

Becky said...

you do good!

Tonya said...

What happened to the story about the tip??? I was waiting anxiously. .. Either way, this was a nice post also. You are great group leader, just the way you are!
Thank you for hanging with us last night, I had an awesome time.. Love ya!