Memories gone by


I loved dressing up when I was kid. I think I had that some costume as Sara, I bet she invented it. My aunt would take me trick or treating while my dad handed out Almond Joy and Mounds (mmmm...). It was so fun. I only remember being a clown, a bride, and a witch.

When Phyllis got old enough to trick or treat we would go to Aunt Shell's house and trick or treat. She's been a Power Ranger, a witch, a ballerina, a firefighter (I think this was my favorite), a Cinderella Princess (not to be mistaken for Cinderella-don't know what that was about but she was NOT Cinderella), Sandy from grease, Princess Lea (that was a hard costume to get), a glamour girl, and this will be her last year of trick or treating, she is an "80's Girl".

I loved carving punkins (not to be mistaken for puMPkins) and made punkin seeds.

I think back to all those years, and how much I enjoyed them. One year I got out of work late, and trick or treated in high heels because I didn't have enough time to go home and change my clothes. I've taken her trick or treating, and then gone back to work and worked until Midnight because I didn't want her to miss trick or treating. And you know, those sacrifices weren't all for her (but don't tell her that), they were for me too. I could have sent her trick or treating with her aunt shell or her g-pa, but then I would have missed out. I love doing things with her. Life is to short to be distracted away from our kids. God gave us them to teach them His way, but He also gave them to us to enjoy them, and all the blessings that come from Him, through them.

Have a blessed and safe Halloween. Go buy some GOOD candy. But don't eat too much!!

Phil 4:5 (KJV) 5Let your moderation be known unto all men

Comments

KayMac said…
punkin seeds! I forgot about those!
Sara said…
you have just done the impossible...made halloween holy.