Mind Your Own Business

I think that people should mind their own business, unless of course information is put out for all those to see. Then it's far game.

I was with a group of people who sat around passing judgement on others for various things. I just was sitting in the back, it was very hard not to roll my eyes, and probably a couple of times, I did it involuntarily. Everyone had an opinion on what "everyone" should do. I sat back and laughed knowing some of the stories in that room. And I thought, "get out of your glass house, it's coming down".

Instead of expecting "everyone else" to do what "they" are supposed to, why don't they do a little, just a little more. Or stop doing a little of what they are not supposed to do.

Put yourself in someone else's shoes for just a minute. One time I was watching 'Prison Break' and they had done an evaluation on Michael Scofield saying he had been through so much, he could actually feel what someone else was going through. Empathy my friends. I know that 'Prison Break' is just TV, I understand that it's not real. But empathizing with someone instead of judging, is real, I truly feel as Christians, we are called to do it. Empathy is identification with or vicarious experiencing of the feelings, thoughts, or attitudes of another. We need to help others and realize there are things that we may never understand but we should cut people some slack at least to the point where they need to pull up their big girl panties and get on with it...


1 Thes 4:11-12 11Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, 12so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders

Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
Judge not..that ye be not judged...doens't it say that somewhere? and trust me...it will come back to your door if you put judgement out there...don't ask me how I know....
Becky said…
as usual
easier said than done
Sara said…
i agree and amen!!!
Tonya said…
That is awesome Margie, I just wish that ALL people lived like this. Great post!
Margie said…
did anyone notice it was the same verse as the one that was posted... I wanted to write about this... and didn't know there was a scripture, and popped on this morning to find that one... how cool is that?!