Rainbow Connection


I told you all I saw a rainbow on Monday, some others saw it too. I have been thinking a lot about that rainbow. There’s a lot going on in my life right now. There’s a lot of things are totally out of my control, and I hate it. I say there’s a lesson in everything…. And this lesson, I believe is about trust. I don’t like this lesson and apparently I am not doing a good job learning it, because God keeps trying to teach me. I find some kind of comfort that other’s are not so good at it either. I hold fast to the promise of God never letting me go.

I was thinking about the rainbows we draw as kids, how our crayons are just the right colors, and I started thinking about Kermit singing the rainbow connection. I couldn’t remember all the words so with the beauty of the internet, I have cut and pasted them below.

I loved the muppets as a kid. It was my favorite show, I even bought the movies for Phyllis. She wasn’t into them as much as me. I liked Miss Piggy, and now we have the same figure… lol…

The words “Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers and me”… I don’t know what they meant when they wrote them, but now that I know that a rainbow was a promise from God, I look at those words a little different. Some day we’ll find it. We’re called to the rainbow connection, the promise of God and all He has given for us. How thankful that He started my week out with a visual reminder how much He loves me, and I had barely left Wyandotte.

His peace is surrounding me.

Rainbow Connection
Why are there so many songs about rainbows
And what's on the other side?
Rainbows are visions, but only illusions,

And rainbows have nothing to hide. So we've been told and some choose to believe it I know they're wrong, wait and see. Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, The lovers, the dreamers and me.
Who said that every wish would be heard and answered When wished on the morning star? Somebody thought of that, and someone believed it, And look what it's done so far. What's so amazing that keeps us stargazing
And what do we think we might see? Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, The lovers, the dreamers, and me.
All of us under its spell, We know that it's probably magic... ... Have you been half asleep? And have you heard voices? I've heard them calling my name. ... Is this the sweet sound that calls the young sailors?
The voice might be one and the same I've heard it too many times to ignore it It's something that I'm s'posed to be... Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, The lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Comments

Becky said…
you are so weird! and yes we need to coffee/tea on my porch before it gets too cold and i stay inside ALL the time.
Anonymous said…
i love that song. its makes me sad in a happy sort of way. i immediately start singing it any time i'm in a room with an echo.
but not a miss piggy fan... i'm more into statler and waldorf.
i saw a rainbow last week and found myself wondering if people think about God or just say "hey look, a rainbow".
Pat said…
I'm a fan of the Swedish Chef, and also a fan of rainbows. Have you seen the constant rainbows at Niagara Falls? Now that's a rainbow connection!
Sara said…
ahh the muppets. i feel better already.