Sunday Christian


I don’t like being a Sunday Christian. In Acts 1:8-11 it tells us that Jesus is going to come back. As Julie says, “don’t just look busy, get busy”. That’s not my issue. I can serve all day long. I love to serve, Soup Kitchen, roll silverware, roll cords, send cards, emails, you name it, I like to do it, I love to help out, I love to spread the love of Christ – to others. In that respect, I am an everyday Christian.
Acts 1:8-11 8But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." 9After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight. 10They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. 11"Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven."

I have an issue reminding myself of the grace that God has given to me. (I’m stealing a lot today) Sara said in her blog that we are forgiven before we even commit the sins, all by the blood of Christ.

I was going to write about something completely different today (sorry Julie- look tomorrow). Yesterday I learned about why it’s ok that I don’t fit in, don’t be a conformer like King Saul. I learned that I am good enough, that I am worthy, and in Christ I am forgiven, I just need to work on forgiving myself and not letting the world give me value. I, like Pastor J, am glad God is forgetful. I wish I was so forgetful. I wish I could be a little more graceful to myself. I need to stop checking on myself, I need to stop doubting myself. I need to really close the door, and leave it closed, not just on Sundays.

John 8:32-36 32Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." 33They answered him, "We are Abraham's descendants[
a] and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?" 34Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
I don't like the Sunday Christian syndrome either....I need to remember EVERY day...I'm FREE!
Sara said…
smart girl!
Tonya said…
Closing the Door is important. Like your post today Margie!