You've got accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative.


God is in control. He loves me. And living in His light is best. Like how many times does He need to show me? How many times do I need to see it before I will truly believe it?

It is amazing to me how He shows me a miracle and I say “yes, I believe” and not even 24 hours goes by and my attitude is one of negativity. You will see that yesterday I had an awesome day with God at the Adrian Training Facility, and what an honor it is to serve God there. I had another part of my day on my blog, but it’s deleted now, it was very negative, I went to bed, prayed about it, and so I wanted to release the negative energy and anger.

I came into work, and this guy who is very hostile and negative asked to speak with me. UH! I thought. It was negative. I talked to my boss who told me this morning, God is in control, He owns it all, let Him drive. Surround yourself with the white light of Jesus Christ. And she told me about Joel’s message. Did you know that you can watch Joel via the internet? Joel today, Pastor J tomorrow. I got to see about 30 seconds of it and Joel said “If we praise God for what we have, God will take care of what we don’t have”. If you know the story of my ups and downs of the last two weeks, you know I got my “old” boss back. See, right on time. I praised God for her even when I wasn’t necessarily happy about my job situation.

I am really diligently working on my finances. I figure if I have 10 things I could save $10 each on, that’s $100/month. I saved $30 on my internet service… I am shopping for car/home insurance. I spend a ridiculous amount a month in insurance. RIDICULOUS I tell you. My dad gave me a name of a guy, so I thought I would work on my car insurance because I didn’t have my Declaration for my house… I was looking for some papers and found it (I really have no idea how it got there, I never pull it out of the envelope). I told Michelle, that it was weird, she said “it’s a sign”. I submitted all my stuff to the insurance lady, she gave me the number – it’s $600 less a year for my home and $500 less a year on my auto. I kept saying “no way”. I asked her if she was a Christian, she was… I told her my story about the “sign”. That’s $90/month in savings!!

I know that when we praise God, through some drizzle, through a storm, through anger, sadness, it has a positive impact on our lives. When we praise Him for the things we have, He indeed takes care of the things we don’t have.

I am in awe of how much God loves me. I know that my problems may seem minor, but if you know me, even the least bit, you would know that the little things can eat away at me like a cancer. I have to fight EVERYDAY to put it away, to let God take the negative and give me positive.

2 Chron 20:6 "O LORD, God of our fathers, are you not the God who is in heaven? You rule over all the kingdoms of the nations. Power and might are in your hand, and no one can withstand you?”

Psalm 44:3 3 It was not by their sword that they won the land, nor did their arm bring them victory; it was your right hand, your arm, and the light of your face, for you loved them.


oh, and look over at the scripture for today...

Comments

Sara said…
he's the God of the great and the small and i love being on the receiving end of his right hand!
Pat said…
Want me to sing that song?
You've got to ack -sen-tuate the positive!
I wrote that song.
Tonya said…
Great news Margie, God is really taking care of you and that is awesome!