beans and blessings


John 1:16 From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.

This may not sound like a reason to get excited about beginning the ‘core’ program at Weight Watchers… but it was. BEANS! I love beans, my two favorites are Great Northern and Garbanzo. I love them! So image how I thought God must have had me in mind when He put them on sale at Kroger! 20 for $10!! That’s only 50 cents each! Woo hoo!! And I can eat them until…

I know, I know, you’re thinking ‘beans’? but really I love them, they are like one of my favorite foods, I eat them right out of the can! I think the 3 wise men should have left the frankensense and muir and brought beans and maybe some chocolate.

Thinking about all my blessings today, I thought I must have at least one blessing for each bean that is in a can. SO I was thinking about how beans compare to blessings.

1. they are both fuel for the journey. When we think we can’t go on, we think of our blessings, and we get a pick me up.
2. They are both filling.
3. Beans and blessings are inexpensive and widely available. Blessings are a gift from God, they don’t cost us a thing and they are available everywhere.
4. Both come in wide varieties, Garbanzo, Northern, Green, and home, food, friends, etc.
5. Beans and blessings can help cure obesity. (this is all about me). Beans are low in calories and fat, and when I think of all my blessings I am more likely to eat things that are good for me or not eat because I am depressed.

Psalm 128:2 You will eat the beans; blessings and prosperity will be yours.
Ok… so the real verse is Psalm 128:2 You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours.

Comments

John Cowart said…
When our son was little he asked this riddle about a can of pork'n beans:

Q: What is that white thing floating in the beans?

A: That's the Queen Bean; all the rest are worker beans.

Don't know why I thought of that.

Blessings.
Becky said…
hahahahaha
Hebrews 13:16
And do not forget to do good and to share (your beans)with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.

i love you too!
ps you didn't even have to look it up!
Elizabeth said…
mmmm i too love beans. not quite out of the can though! lol isn't core grand!
KayMac said…
i am having bean soup for lunch today...not my fav food, but healthier than cake!
Pat said…
Beans are a wonderful thing. Black beans are good in a brown rice/corn/salsa ww cold salad...yum.
Sara said…
you're out of your mind.