Believe


Love is the Answer

I think it’s quite odd that I have been thinking of something to write, and BOOM there is a scripture verse from CWO that goes with my theme of the day… Coincidence is when God chooses to remain anonymous… ok on with it already.

I was listening to Building 429 “I believe”, really thinking about how our world got into such an odd place. I wondered what part of it I played, what part of the world has seeped into my heart.

I often wonder why me and my dad are really the only ones in my family that go to church (and we NEVER went when I was a kid, it interfered with boating unless someone got married, died, and Christmas Eve, that’s it) when my Gram & Gramps went every week, I had a great uncle who was a priest, and an aunt who was a nun. So in my family there is history of people giving their hearts to God when He called. I thought about Jeremy’s sermon about how kids know if you are just Sunday Christians (my words not his, I am sure his were way better) or if we follow the “love your God with all your heart” scripture, I believe my gram and gramps did. So what happened? How come my aunt married someone who doesn’t believe in God at all, my uncle lives a very worldly life. I wonder if he knows who really gave him all those blessings….

I think (and this is my thoughts not yours) that growing up, people saw all the things you couldn’t do when you were a Christian not all the great things that come from loving God. Maybe they saw that it’s not best to “represent” God if you’re hammered or high. Maybe giving part of your income that you worked really hard for back to the church didn’t seem that appealing. But I wonder… did they ever consider the great things of “representing” a God who you can love and loves us back, unconditionally, and I haven’t found anyone on the planet that at one point or another won’t disappoint us. Did they realize, no hangovers, not police at your door (yes, you really can get in trouble for doing drugs), you can’t out-give God, give Him a little of your money, your time, I guarentee, you will be blessed! There’s always someone to talk to, in your loneliest moments, He will always forgive you, no matter what you did. He’s someone you can share every joy, every sadness, He’s someone to carry you through any storm, any typhoon, and even a little drizzle when it comes your way. He is in a word… Amazing.

I wonder how many of our problems of the world come from the fact that we just don’t open ourselves enough to put faith in God’s love. How many people don’t realize that God loves them. And no boat, big house, fancy car, alcohol, drugs… NOTHING will fill their heart the way God can. That if they were the only one on earth, Jesus would have come anyway. He loves them that much! That’s a pretty big deal.

And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. (2 John 1:6)

I Believe. By Building 429
Walk blindly to the light and reach out for His hand
Don’t ask any questions and don’t try to understand
Open up your mind and then open up your heart
You will see that you and me and very far apart
‘Cause I believe that love is the answer
I believe love will find a way
Violence has spread worldwide and there’s families on the streets
We sell drugs to children now, well why can’t we just see
That all we do is eliminate our future with the things we do today
Money is our incentive now so that makes it ok
Walk blindly to the light and reach out for His hand
Don’t ask any questions and don’t try to understand

Comments

Becky said…
again you nailed it! most of the "others" need the fancy stuff and when they are told you can do without it and especially when you tell them why you don't need it-they think you are nuts. ok-fine!
Sara said…
you might be the smartest preson i know.