Cornflake Chicken

7 cups of Cornflakes cereal, crushed to 1 3/4 cups

1 egg

1 cup milk

1 cup all purpose flour

½ teaspoons salt

¼ teaspoon pepper

3 pounds of chicken

3 Tablespoons margarine or butter, melted

Preheat over to 350 degrees.

Place crushed corn flakes in shallow dish or pan. Set aside.

In a small mixing bowl, beat egg and milk slightly. Add flour, salt, pepper. Mix until smooth. Dip chicken in batter. Coat with crushed cereal. Place in single layer, skin side up in a foil-lined shallow baking pan. Drizzle with melted margarine.

Bake about 1 hour if chicken parts (breasts, legs, thighs, wings), if boneless skinless breasts, bake 30-35 minutes.

In a million years if you told me I would eat cornflakes on chicken, I would have told you that you were nuts (I don’t even eat cereal with milk for breakfast). Aunt Shell and her family invited Phyllis and I over for dinner, that’s what we were having, Cornflake chicken, Poppa Don was making it. It was awesome! Phyllis to this day loves it, I love it, and I cannot make it without thinking of him, and all the love he had for us.

Comments