Halloween Observations


Is it just me or did the trick or treaters get much younger and MUCH older, with not as much in between? i had some kids with no teeth because they weren't old enought (they got coloring books) and kids that I wondered where they parked (with no costumes!! - what the heck!).

I also noticed that I worked the whole time I passed out candy, that sucked! We have a big project due, I had to leave a little early because Trick or Treating started at 5-5:30 this year and I had to see Phyllis off (and take pictures). What is it about me working on Halloween night? this isn't the first time.

I also notice that Phyllis got just a ton of candy which is so great because it means there are many generous people out there and that is always nice to see. And if you are wondering what to do with the A)Candy you don't like or B) the WAY too much... donate it to a soup kitchen. A lot of soup kitchens make little stockings with candy type stuff at Christmas and they can use your candy!! If you live in the Detroit area there is the Kapacian (I think that's how you spell it) Soup Kitchen or Trinity Soup Kitchen (I'm going on Nov 18 - I can take yours if you want). Its a small way you can help out those in need (and keep yourself from a cavity or a pound - or two)

Neh 8:10 Nehemiah said, "Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is sacred to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength."

Comments

Tonya said…
I hear you on the babies trick or treating. They can not possibly eat the candy.. Think Mom and Dad is getting the candy! We did not take Grace until she was 1 years old and we only took her to 7 houses. Last night she only went to 5 houses. She is still too young for all of that Candy.
Pat said…
Donating extra candy is such a great idea. I never would have thought of that. We're collecting canned goods at work to give to needy families at Thanksgiving and I think adding the candy would be a good idea too. Thanks for the suggestion!
Becky said…
donating candy! i sneak a piece to hide when the boys take a piece.
KayMac said…
noticed much the same w/ the kids...but was happy we had more this year than the past few years. GREAT idea on donating the candy