Jesus is reality


I live in the ‘real’ world.

The real world, yes the real world. Not the one that people are trying to live in.

I live in a world that means that death from this place is inevitable. Life in this place does not go on forever, however, in the real world, I truly understand that life will go on, eternally. A life in Christ.

I’m getting a little sick of the drama of my gram. I am getting sick of it because it is completely avoidable, like most drama.

Maybe some of us are a little better at death than others. Maybe some of us realize that if we are lucky, we live great lives on this earth, but things change. Our bodies and our minds grow old and weary. We are not what we once were.

My dad and I have had more than our fair share of dealing with the reality of death on this earth. We also understand that awaiting us in heaven are some dear people to us. We know that a life with God in it means that we will all be joined together again.

There are some in my family that just can’t deal with that fact that my gram is… old. That she is not what she once was. They waited until later in life to have children, so their children did not get to have the same experiences as me with her. That’s the way it goes, I guess. I feel blessed. But in that, I am the target of some not so nice things my gram has said to me over the years, that she never said to the other grandkids (and they should be blessed).

My dad called me today, livid. My family can’t come to the same conclusion of what should be done about my gram’s living situations. I feel like only me and my father are the only ones who can agree where she should be, because, quite frankly, people just don’t like reality.

Get over it. Life on this earth is hard. If you want it to get easier, I got one answer for you. Are you ready? Jesus.

While situations come and go, while blessings can turn into burdens, and burdens into blessings, while rain doesn’t always go away, there is one thing you can always count on. The love of the Lord.

I will tell you, that it is that love that held my tongue today (I was going to call my aunt) when I heard my dad because he was just… hurt. It was that love that took me right to prayer. And it is that love that will get us all through this.

There is a song by 3rd day, ‘when the rain comes’. That is a song I instantly sing when I feel the drizzle, the rain, the storm, or the typhoon coming. I don’t know how to tell my family (I’ve tried over and over), they already think I am a crack pot (they are not all wrong in their thoughts) so somehow I have to show them. No one loves you like He does.

Psalm 33:5 The LORD loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love.

But they better knock this off, or there will be some kind phone call (and it won't be pretty) and then they will really need Jesus.

When the rain comes by 3rd day
When the rain comes it seems that everyone has gone away
When the night falls you wonder if you shouldn'tfind someplace
To run and hide
Escape the painBut hiding's such a lonely thing to doI can't stop the rain
From falling down on you againI can't stop the rain
But I will hold you 'til it goes away
When the rain comes you blame it on the things that you have done
When the storm fades you know that rain must fallon everyone
Rest awhile it'll be alright
No one loves you like I do
When the rain comes
I will hold you

Comments

Ashley said…
You have a great blog, keep up the good work. Check my blog out and tell me what you think! Have a great day
Becky said…
my grandma was old when i came along. she got older. by the time kirstin came, not only was she older still, she was a whole lot meaner, too. family didn't see it because they didn't take care of her, then it happened. my dad and i needed a break-her other children took her every other weekend (imagine that!) then they saw. i didn't say much about it-but in my mind -hehehe see i told you...
in gram's case-i learned not to take what people say too personally, a-they don't know... and b-most are usually just trying to help.
i pray you will do what is best for gram and you find peace about it!
love you
Pat said…
The real world can be painful...but avoidance of it makes it twice as painful. Great post today.
Sara said…
fantastic post....reminds me of the old song "the only real peace that i have, dear Lord it's in you. with all life's frustration; i need you, i know i do. the only real peace that i have, dear Lord it's in you." ok, now i'm crying. shew.
KayMac said…
Agree...the only answer in life is Jesus!