My day off

I took today off. I took it off about 6 weeks ago because I got tired of trying to justify that I was going to be late on the days Phyllis had to go to the Orthodontist. I don't have to worry about that stuff now, I have a great boss who knows that if I need to, I would come in on my day off and work. But I kept my vacation day.

I woke up a little later than normal, got ready, Ortho appointment and then to visit my friend Jon who has Pancreatic Cancer. Only God knows how many more days we have with him. Then the lucky guy gets to go meet Jesus (I hope he saves me a seat with a good view). I could only go for about an hour - hour & a half. It was a three hour drive, round trip. I was a little nervous about it all week, because I don't want to remember my friend "sick". But I went. And I had the most beautiful drive both ways, seemed like it was 20 minutes not 3 hours. I spoke with God, put some music on, counted my blessings, and was just so thankful that Jon had accepted Jesus in his heart. I would pray for God's healing on Jon's body, but really in my heart, all I wanted was for him to know Jesus. And he does. What more can we ask for really.

I sit here, for just a minute more, thankful to be covered in God's grace and mercy. Thankful for His love. I, like Sara, am overwhelmed. (And I am again - a copy cat).

He is good. All the time.

Comments

Pat said…
I am overwhelmed too. I'm also amazed how you never stop giving of yourself. I'm pretty sure you'll have a seat with a good view too!
Tonya said…
I am glad all went well with your friend Jon Margie.