New Carpet

I had hardwood floors throughout my whole house with the exception of my kitchen and foyer. My dad offered to get me carpet for my living room for Christmas (and I threw in that it should be for my b-day too) after he painted my living room while I was at the soup kitchen.

To be honest, I have wanted to either carpet the living room or our bedrooms for awhile now. Hardwood floors are beautiful but have their issues too. It was a matter of cost. I just couldn’t justify spending the money I have on carpet.

It seems everyone has an opinion on whether I should have carpeted or not. I don’t mean to be a crab, but let’s make one thing clear… It’s my opinion that counts.

Hardwood floors are beautiful but they are dusty. I sweep, vacuum, and THE NEXT DAY it’s dusty and dirty again! Drives me crazy. This was the dust can go into the carpet, and I won’t see it.

Hardwood floors are cold! A little carpet in the house will be better for warmth and lying on the floor while watching TV.

I like my new carpet. I think it’s nice, I think it breaks up the house a little.

I get the furniture on Wednesday. I will post the pics of the installation of the carpet later. My dad did it all except haul it in. I helped with that. I think my daddy can do anything.


Exodus 10:5 They will cover the face of the ground so that it cannot be seen

Comments

KayMac said…
Your dad is awesome!
Sara said…
that is not the promised picture of you with knee things!
Anonymous said…
Hapy vacuuming! Nice dad.
Pat said…
Love your Bible verse!
I think you'll love the soft warm carpeting, hardwood is beautiful, but not so warm on the toes!
Becky said…
i want the knee thinger and the knee kicker, too!
Sara said…
ok, you're very cute but i demand knee things!!
Margie said…
I didn't have them on you goof balls! I didn't have to do any carpet work :)
Anonymous said…
I want to see the furniture on Wednesday ... please :)