The song of my heart

There’s not much you could have said to me yesterday to make me feel like I was worth a quarter. I could have told you every bad thing about me, everything I screw up on… it was just one of those kind of days. The kind that I don’t like to admit that I have, but I do. Its mostly because I say that I leave my baggage behind, but it slowly creeps up on me. I think that I have good self esteem, but good for what? Today it wasn’t good for much. I kept harping on the fact that there I have no skill to help with the major construction at Metro, if I did then maybe I could help get the church done by Christmas, maybe if I had better skills than dropping off food… I was praying about it… I would swear that God said to me, “what is around your neck? Go read the rest if the verse when you get home…”

2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

I kept just thinking I am worthy, I know God, I am Yours. But I was having such a hard time. And I really didn’t have the words, I thought, I can’t wait to sing tomorrow, maybe that will help praising in church, it usually opens me right up when nothing else will. Sometimes I just can’t seem to get out of my own way. Then I hit the ‘1’ button on my radio and there was Thousand Foot Krutch singing “breathe you in” and the chorus was resenating in my chest.

I've always been strong
But can't make this happen

'Cause I need to breathe,
I want to breathe you in
I want to breathe you in

So I sat in the car, sang the song and went in, a little stronger than I was just a minute ago, reflecting on how great God is, not only did He know the scripture verse I needed, He knew the song.

He is the song of my heart.

Psalm 131:1-3 My heart is not proud, O LORD, my eyes are not haughty; I do not concern myself with great matters or things too wonderful for me.
2 But I have stilled and quieted my soul; like a weaned child with its mother, like a weaned child is my soul within me.
3 O Israel, put your hope in the LORD both now and forevermore
.

Comments

Sara said…
i love you.
Pat said…
Everyone in the entire world should be just like you....bummed because they want to serve more.
Enough said, except I love you too.
Margie said…
i love you guys too!
Sara said…
blog hug
Anonymous said…
I'm praying that Jesus picks you up by the "boot straps" and gives you a big hug for having a servant's heart
Becky said…
another blog hug!