Birthday

It's almost my birthday, next Monday, yes, New Year's Day. Probably top 10 suckiest days to have a birthday. Not kidding.

Here's the deal. Rarely do I actually get to do what I want to do on my birthday. I get a lot of suggestions on what people think I want to do on my birthday, but rarely do I actually do what I want to do.

This year my dad wants to take me out to dinner. Nice, huh? Except that my favorite resturaunt is closed on New Year's Day (reason #3 that my birthday day sucks) and I would rather just go out another day and get to eat where I want to. But I don't want to hurt my dad's feelings.

This is what I want to do on my birthday. Get up with a bunch of teenage girls all around me (Phyllis is having friends over) make them waffles or whatever, and then have Panera for lunch, and pizza for dinner. Maybe watch a bunch of movies in the middle of that. No football thank you very much.

That's it. Seems pretty uneventful to me, but pretty darn perfect. I'll fill you in on what happens...

Comments

Pat said…
Oh, a new year baby..how wonderful...for your mom and dad!
Just pretend all the celebrating is for you and when they drop that big mirrored ball in Time Square, it's in honor of you!
Mrs. Mac said…
I see Pollyanna ... I mean Pat ... has left you some excellent advice on turning a negative aspect about your b-day into a HUGE positive celebration. Enjoy the fanfare!
Sara said…
just as long as ya got born, i'm happy. love you bunches.