Christmas?

I don't care that we don't have snow, it means my pant legs aren't dragging in slush, but this year it does not seem like Christmas is coming, it just doesn't feel like the Christmas season. I know that Christmas isn't about presents, I know it's not about cards, it's about Jesus. But there are a few things that I like about Christmas. I like to give gifts. Maybe I am the only one who feels this way. I like to start my Christmas shopping in October, being done by Thanksgiving and using the month of December to pick up extras that I know someone would love. I love doing my Christmas cards, and with each of them, covering that card and those who will be receiving it in prayer.

This year, my Christmas tree looks a little sparce under there. Sure, I know there is plenty, but quite frankly, not as much as last year. I didn't send out Christmas cards because I just didn't have the money for postage ($80 that just wasn't in the budget). It seems this year that there is more need than ever or at least I am just more aware of it. It seems that people are a little grumpier and stressed out than years past. Maybe I am just getting old and noticing it more.

I am so thankful for the gift of life that Jesus gave, I am wondering in this world, where the heck is He? I'm sorry. I wonder, how come some kids get no diseases, Jay has celiac's, and now we're praying for Mac. I wonder why there is cancer going crazy down here. I wonder why my friend who has been faithful through every storm is having issues with getting her home. I wonder why people who said they were my friends (from my old church) and I have sent them emails, I don't get replies, I don't get phone calls, not even a Christmas card. I wonder if they were lying when they said they loved me, and quite frankly, I feel like they used me so they didn't have to do as much work. I am hurt this Christmas, and I am trying to get past it, and I am not doing too good at it.

Lord, I am asking You right now, give Sara her snow. Lord I am asking for Mac to be healed with whatever is ailing him, Lord, I am sitting here, with issues of not having peace, Lord, Jesus brought peace down to all Your people. Can you please send some my way? In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Comments

Becky said…
i pray for you:
Romans 15:13
love you!
John Cowart said…
What a good honest post!

Fine questions too.

About your not getting any cards: I looked at your profile to see if there were an e-mail address to send you an e-card but there wasn't one.

Oh well, I tried.

Endure, Dear Lady. A lot in this season is geared to depress us... but joy cometh in the morning.

Maybe kicking a cat would help you feel better. Works for me.
Mrs. Mac said…
John's comment above about the cat made me spit coffee! Sounds like something my dh would say :) Your circle of friends has gotten smaller, but you still have friends! And, John's right ... if you put out your email address, you'll get some e-cards. I moved 1400 miles this year and forgot to send out a change of address to my friends... (stupid) .. then I wondered why I only got three cards. Cheer up. Sickness and sad news seems to be magnified this time of the year because it's supposed to be a "merry" season. Hugs and prayers that you have peace in your heart.
Jada's Gigi said…
praying some peace your way...He's already there actually...:) Merry Christmas, Margie
Sara said…
i love you enough for all of them! and if you want, i'll invent you some new friends. just make sure i stay your favorite!
Pat said…
Those friends who are no longer in contact with you have sure lost a treasure..to bad for them because I found a treasure..you!!
Your so refreshingly honest, I just love you!
Bronze said…
I recently stumbled across your blog, and I'm glad to find you doing well. Your daughter is lovely; I haven't seen her since she was a baby (the only clue you get ; )

Merry Christmas from an old friend!
Margie said…
great, now I got a stalker.
Bronze said…
LOL....Code 14!!!!
Margie said…
Paul?? email me!!
Bronze said…
Will do. I'll get with you tomorrow.

Good night,

Paul