A different kind of Christmas this year!


It seems that this Christmas was a little different but still wonderful!

I learned so much about Luke 2 this Christmas, Pastor J was completely awesome and who would have thought that each week taking about the same passage could bring me to tears each week. 400 years, Holy moly!!

This year there was no saurkraut and keilbasa (gasp!) on Christmas eve (if you are wondering, I put my order in for next year) but there was an extra addition at our table so I could forgo the s&k. We ate later than normal so everyone could be at the table (a relative got a new job and she had to work late) but it was great! The family and food we had were fabulous.

I was so honored to read at our Christmas Eve service but I was so nervous, I hope they ask me again but it's a little unnerving to go from a church of max 200 to know that you are going to be reading in front of 400 people (no pressure) and if you think God doesn't answer prayers, I didn't cough at all when I read but I coughed a ton before and after! I can't even begin to explain to you how worried I was that God wouldn't be honored by my reading!

This year is was music, DVDs, gift cards, guitar hero (look out Marty, Phyllis might take your place someday - guitar hero this year, real guitar next year!), and a skateboard instead of dolls, and make up.

Looking back on the past year, I can't even count how many blessings I had. The answers to prayers (and the answers I didn't want to hear), the decisions I didn't want to make but was glad I answered God's call. I got new sisters, and one in-particular- who makes my heart sing, and cry, and laugh. So when I think there weren't as many presents under the tree this year, I can look back and see a million gifts that just wouldn't fit under the tree anyway.

Merry Christmas!!

Luke 2:14 "May glory be given to God in the highest heaven! And may peace be given to those he is pleased with on earth!"

Comments

Sara said…
merry christmas to you guys too!
Becky said…
merry christmas
John Cowart said…
" a million gifts that just wouldn't fit under the tree anyway".

What a great line!
Kell said…
Hope you had a fabulous Christmas!