Ever wonder how God lines it all up so perfectly? How the stars in the sky line up for Little Dipper and Big Dipper, like He takes so much time to get it all lined up…

It’s like that in my life too. My last post was a bit of PMS and a lot of not-so holiday cheer! Sara and I have had dinner plans for a week or so, maybe a little longer, we tried getting together before, but we just couldn’t get the date set… Maybe God just knew that I would need a little pick me up the week that He called Jon to come home, a week of a big pile of work (at work) that just seems to be getting bigger (but I love a challenge).

It was a simple dinner, I cooked instead of going out, it was a pretty simple dinner considering it was cooked in a crock pot (if you don’t have one – get one, if you have one but don’t use it, start!). It was a time of laughter. Something I haven’t had much of lately, it was like God was sending a little pick me up that I needed to get the holiday season in full swing (my tree wasn’t even plugged in). It was a little message that said “you’re doing all right Margie” it was a message that just said “have some fun”. And it was a message to say “don’t forget, I love you, Margie”.

The thing about Sara, you have to love her, you don’t even have a choice. Maybe some may find her straight-forwardness a little hard to take, the fact that she can love you so much that you are sitting in a Coney Island crying, she’s listening and she just says to you (lovingly) “what is it that you really want?” She’s about loving you so much that she believes in beatings, she believes in being truthful, and ethical, and she also believes in being honest that she’s not perfect, and that she’s a work in Christ and in process.

And it’s also always nice to get that little reminder that reality is way funnier than fiction could ever be!

And she is so wise, she solved my Christmas card dilemma, she invented Christmas cards, you know.

Psalm 33:11 But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations.

Comments

Pat said…
Sounds like a good time was had by all.
She didn't say mean things about me did she?
Becky said…
sara invented downriver wise-ness
Sara said…
you guys are all goofy.
Tonya said…
Yes, Sara is one of the wise ones...
How could anyone not just LOVE her.
KayMac said…
Sara invented friendship!