Gifts...

I got two awesome gifts this year. Well, three, the most important one being that I got to see Phyllis enjoy opening her gifts.

One was White Christmas DVD, a movie I have on VHS and I watch it in July. I love that movie and during the Christmas season I just can’t watch it enough. I opened it, watched it right away.

The other gift I got, that I totally loved… A book called ‘The Christmas Shoes’. I got it from The K’s, Rob, Wanda, Ben, & Erin. I love to read. I can fall into a good book, and not fall out of it until it’s done. I can’t wait to read it. But really that wasn’t the best part of the book. It was the inscription, where I come from, when you give someone a book, you write a little something in it. “Thank you for being part of our life! You are a true friend! Someone to count on and share special holidays with. I hope that I can do for you what you have done for us.” Now that is just silly right? They hope they can do for me? Hello? Do they really know how much I love them, how much I enjoy going over there? How much it means that during the ages of like 10-14 I probably didn’t appreciate them as much as I should have but no matter what, they were always there. For many years, no one talked about my mom. It could have been that at the sound of her name, I cried. But this side of my family, they were the part that lead me to her. Stories I would hear that I was just like her, do things just like she did, only I never saw her do them.
I hate to make the bed. Only when I wash sheets do I make the bed. When I used to stay with my Aunt Dee & Uncle Ed (my mom’s family) for weeks in the summer, I had to make the bed everyday. SOOOO… I would sleep on top of the covers, as to not disturb them, hence, no making of the bed. My mom lived with them for awhile. SHE DID THE EXACT SAME THING! Funny, huh?
So I get this book, with the inscription. I can’t tell you with a million words how much I love them, and how much they do for me, mostly just loving me for who I am. That’s it. I hope I do the same for them
.

Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
What a great post!! Yes!! We all have SO many such gifts to be thankful for...if we willonly stop and see them....what a gift your loved ones are to you...sounds like your Christmas was wonderful!