Greatful

Hello, and good morning, good afternoon, or good evening. My name is Margie and I am a brat. A spoiled one at that. One that says thank You to God everyday, but I’m still a brat.

Yesterday, I got my water in my house turned back on because my dad and his friend completed their plumbing plan, well, at least the parts that ensured I could have water.

It occurred to me while I was driving to church that I am a brat. Do you know how many people live without clean water everyday?

But it’s not just that folks. I have kind of felt sorry for myself for most of my life because I don’t have a mom. I know that it sounds super silly, because I do indeed have a great life. And afterall, I still have my dad. I was thinking that some people don’t have two parents that love them as much as my dad loves me.

As a single mom, I thought that I would never own my own home. I htought I would have to be married to have such a blessing. And yet, God lined it all up, and I live in a great house, that indeed does need work, but that is just to make it my own. I can pay my bills, I drive a pretty decent car. And I never want for a meal (you can tell that by looking at me). I am blessed beyond belief.

I blog before you with a greatful heart. A heart that is open to worship wherever I want because God placed me in this great country, with a great God, in a wonderful home, with a wonderful family. I blog before you blessed and in awe of God’s Love and Grace.

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Comments

Sara said…
grateful too.
Pat said…
So grateful.
Sara Maria said…
You ran into my blog because we share the same friends. I am also friends with Kaymac and that whole group.
Deb said…
Here's what I know....God, in His sovreignty gives us exactly what we need and knows what is best. I am grateful for all the blessings He has given me.....but all too often take SO many of them for granted. Thanks for the reminder to be grateful for the 'little' things which wouldn't be considered so little if I had been born into another family in another part of this planet.
MSU gal said…
grateful too
KayMac said…
You have a beautiful heart.