I wonder…
I wonder if I ruined my daughter.
I love her and I think she’s great, but I look around at other kids her age, and she is so different from them. She doesn’t just want to be spoken to, she wants to learn. She doesn’t find silly things funny, but tell her a story that makes her laugh, something true life, and if she can learn a lesson from it, she is happy.
She’s not a normal teenager, she asks what she can carry in when we are going from car to house or house to car. She washed the bathroom floor after the plumbing escapade without being asked. She helps before I ask.
She likes quilting, and singing, sunshine, boating, reading, and Jesus. She carries her bible around to read but thinks that kids who act like fools spouting off the love and name of Jesus do a detriment. Act right she thinks.
She checks out people to make sure their words match their actions. She watches their heart and forgives.
I watched her on Saturday at Battle of the Bands. She really is an old soul that lives in a time when that’s just not normal.
I wonder if I gave her too much responsibility and expected to much.
I wonder if someday she will look back and think I was a terrible mother.
I wonder if I ruined my daughter.
But the crazy thing is, I love her just as she is.
She is the one thing in life, I think I did right. And I had nothing to do with it, it as all God.

Proverbs 22:1-6
1 A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold.
2 Rich and poor have this in common: The LORD is the Maker of them all.
3 A prudent man sees danger and takes refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.
4 Humility and the fear of the LORD bring wealth and honor and life.
5 In the paths of the wicked lie thorns and snares, but he who guards his soul stays far from them.

6 Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.

Comments

KayMac said…
Ruined? No. Sounds like you have labored over this precious gift that God has entrusted you with...with care, and devotion, love, and responsibility.
Sara said…
she is ruined, ruined for finding life anywhere but Jesus. yup, she's ruined all right. a beautiful wreck of a kid.
Pat said…
Ruined? Every parent should have such a ruined kid...she's beautiful and you are blessed.
Becky said…
definately blessed