Last night we went to 1721Worship, it’s an event for teens. Sometimes I think I have no life and that everything I do is for Phyllis. I think maybe I should go out more, etc. But occasionally God sends me a reminder that the life I have is a great one, paved in stepping stones to get me here. We had a van packed full of kids, 9 I guess, I brought 5. We had a blast, they opened with Starfield, “I’m a revolution”, Phyllis & I just looked at each other, we love that song, I don’t think a lot of kids know it. But Phyllis and I both love that song. We love music period.

We ended up going with the kids from Driven which worked out perfectly because Julie helped with the pizzas and I helped her. We were a two woman show and honestly, I don’t know how we did it, I didn’t stop for ½ hour, drinks, pizza, needing more plates. It was great.

On my way home from dropping Ryan off, Phyllis was sleeping and I was just thinking about her. What a great girl she is, I know she’s mine, but really, she is great. She is going to 2 Youth Groups right now, Driven on Sunday and Fuel on Monday. I really like that she gets to experience two completely different sets of kids, the way that two Youth Pastors preach. Adam asked me how she liked it, I told him she did (otherwise, she wouldn’t go). He said that if they can figure out how to reach Phyllis, they can reach a whole different set of kids in addition to the ones they do. How amazing is that?! Phyllis is very much the same as me in many ways, but there is one thing she is very different than me. She does not jump in with both feet. She likes to see what it’s all about, stand in the back, check it out, make sure people do what they say and say what they do. I love that about her.

I love so many things about Phyllis, I love her spirit, her loving, giving nature, and I love to watch her worship.
I have a great life. It truly does not get much better than this.


Pictures are the kids that went from Driven, Ryan, Mark (Youth Leader from Fuel), & Phyllis, and the kids worshiping. Phyllis is next to Ryan.

Comments

Sara said…
i love that kid too! she is a treasure and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. she lives immersed in worship.
Tonya said…
She is a great kid, you should be truly proud of yourself.
Pat said…
I love her too, without ever meeting her. You've done such a great job parenting her, but credit is due her too, cuz she didn't have to listen, but she must have an awfully sweet spirit. There's nothing more beautiful then teens in worship..I love it!
John Cowart said…
Reading your post wears me out -- with memories of when our six kids were teens and all these events were going on constantly. Hang in there. It's worth the effort... There's a reason God set it up so that young people are the ones to have children.
KayMac said…
what a wonderful daughter you have!