Life of worship


When I first started attending FBC I thought Worship was just the part of singing. “Praise and Worship Time”.

Now I am learning that worship is more about living in the light of God. Doing things that bring honor to Him. It’s in everything I do, because I know people are watching. I am sure that there are many people who watch me and wonder if this Jesus thing is really as great as I say it is. (I think He's better)

Yesterday I was at Metro, in my Sunday best, I might add, (sweats and sneakers that were ruined at the building, hair pulled up – Good thing God already loves me!) We sang some great Christmas songs. I had to laugh when Chad said “Christmas songs should be beautiful, and my voice sounds like I have smoked Marlboro reds”. I bet God hears his heart not his voice (they did sound beautiful when he sang them). But I do know one thing, I know that God saw Dean. Dean was up there, worshipping like crazy to a God who loves him, who loves all of us.

I think as we live a life of worship, God may not always see what we do and all our deeds but He reads our hearts while we are doing it. Do I think that God watches me sweeping up the drywall dust or does He see me at the Soup Kitchen doing the dishes or handing out syrup, probably not, but do I think He can see the love in my heart? You bet I do! And on the flip side, when I am doing something out of guilt and serving because I feel like I have to instead of doing out of an act of worship, I think He sees that too.

I find myself thinking about Pastor J saying “God didn’t send a teacher, He sent us a Savior.” We didn’t need anything else, we needed a Savior. And in that, I could worship forever.

I have had a tough time this holiday season, I can’t really put it on one thing or another but a bunch of tiny things that are getting at me. But it’s up to me where my heart stands, in a life of worship or not.

Hebrews 12:28-29 28Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, 29for our "God is a consuming fire”

P.S. The first time I ever met Dean was at the 3rd Day concert, I remember watching him worship then too!!

Comments

Pat said…
Dean is kind of captivating to watch when he worships and sings...I find I have to look elsewhere cuz he gets all my attention instead of God!! You are ssoooo right that God sees worship in working in a soup kitchen or in kindness to someone in need...that a very good thing to remember, there are really all kinds of worship. Good one Margie!!
Tonya said…
You are so smart! You are totally correct about worshiping... And Dean does really worship up there, I think that he is the only one that I really ever notice that plays and worships and does it all....
Sara said…
worship=life