Merry Christmas


It's that time of year, the time of year when Lay-a-ways are due out of Meijer for the Christmas Season. I had a small one this year, I got some good deals, put them in lay-a-way for safe keeping. I ran over to Meijer's to pick them up. Hand the lady my receipt and I should be on my way, except she handed me some toy that I didn't buy, so something told me to open the box BEFORE I leave the counter (at this point there was a huge line behind me). Not my stuff, and the stuff in the box wasn't the great. Sooo... as you can imagine everyone is getting a little impatient, I'm a little concerned because two of the gifts were for my g-friend's sons. Things they specifically asked for.

The customer service people are concerned because I could freak out, the people in line are upset, one lady is voicing her concern, I politely said "everyone makes a mistake". Really, if that's the worst thing that happens to me this Christmas, I'll just go on my merry way...

So I suggested that I just go out on the floor and get my stuff, they put it in a box, case closed.

So that is what I did. Let me tell you something though, something I am not so proud of, there is a time when I would have freaked out, threw a fit. But really, what does that solve?! I left the store with the my temper in tact and no one else was hurt either.

When I put my layaway in the woman had a sore back, I told her I would pray for her, she needed surgery. So had I been a snit, I would have undid whatever things she thought of me (hopefully they were nice things). I also remember the day that she originally helped me, she went WAY out of her way to help me. WAY! She was pleasent and kind, even though I could tell by her breathing she was in a lot of pain.

Everyone makes a mistake, I told her boss that I did not want anything to be said to her, no write ups, everyone makes a mistake. Some much bigger than others (I'll be in that "much bigger than others" category).

There are a lot worse things that can happen to you this holiday season. Lose your job, lose a family member, not know Jesus, family who doesn't know Jesus. And many people can't afford to buy much for their family this holiday season.

All's well that ends well. I think Sara invented that saying after she ate a plate of mistletoe.

Please remember this holiday season while we're stressing out or a little short tempered, there's probably worse things that could happen, and by God's grace and love, we'll get through it.


Leviticus 19:18 " 'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.

Comments

Pat said…
You're beautiful.
Becky said…
good girl!
Anonymous said…
Thank you, that was extremely valuable and interesting...I will be back again to read more on this topic.