New Beginnings

2 Cor 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

You know what I don't like about not being perfect? That I have to forgive like I've been forgiven, and that sometimes I just need to start over. I have to put my screw ups behind me. I have to say, "God, can you please wipe that slate clean, AGAIN". Its not necesserily for the same things, it's for old and new dumb things.

That's why I like New Year's. It's a new beginning. It's full of endless promise and possibilities. Just like our lives in Christ. Endless possibilities. Truth be told that as much as I don't like to get in front of people and speak, someday I want to be a Women of Faith Speaker (or some kind of faith/motivational speaker). And each year, I know that God gives me a little more courage to do things that are out of my comfort zone. He gives me great opportunities to take the steps I need to do that. I don't know why I want to do that, I've actually always (ok, last 10 years or so) wanted to be a motivational speaker (though I don't know what the heck I would talk about to help people). I even want to go to school and study Theology. Most people look at me like I've lost my marbles when I tell them that.

I think about how great 2006 has been, and I can't wait to see what God has me doing in 2007, though some of it, I may be a little uncomfortable with.

My wish for you... as I blow out my birthday candle. May 2007 bring you unceasing hope, strong faith, a joy in your heart that makes your heart sing, good health, happiness so great that you just can't help but smile, and a love that fills your heart so much it overflows so much that you must share it with others.

Phil 3:12-14 12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Comments

Sara said…
happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear sister! happy birthday to you! we looooooove you!
Pat said…
Happy birthday...and the best year you've ever had. We DO love you and you are inspirational.
Oh, love the pic of your and darling daughter!
Mrs. Mac said…
Here's to walking the path God has chosen for each of us. May we not get too distracted with "US" ... but lean on Him that gives hope and encouragement to His creation.