The song of my heart



Tonight was Phyllis's Christmas Concert. Yes, that's right, I said CHRISTMAS Concert. There are not too many things I like to do more than watch my daughter sing. She has a great voice (she had a solo tonight) but there is something about Phyllis when she sings, she glows. She smiles with her eyes.



She's always done that. Some kids take pictures and they smile with the "CCHHHEEEESSSEEE" smile, but not Phyllis, when she smiles, her personality comes out. It's amazing, I don't know where it came from, but you can see her heart when she smiles.




It was the best Christmas present, because Jesus lives in my daughter's heart, and it comes through her in numerous ways.



Psalm 108:1 My heart is steadfast, O God; I will sing and make music with all my soul.
(Pictured Phyllis performing & Phyllis and her music teacher - Mrs. Kane)

Comments

Sara said…
beautiful like her mama. i know where she gets it.
Pat said…
I have a pretty good idea where she gets it too.
I can feel your personality in everything you write.
She's such a beautiful girl...like mother like daughter
Heather Smith said…
Beautiful thoughts, like Phyllis I'm a singer, and if I don't feel a song, I don't want to sing it. It has to come from the heart! I want the songs that I sing to be songs of praise to God alone!
Terry said…
Dear Margie...I saw you on Mrs. Macs site and want to tell you how much I enjoyed your comment about little Nathan.[A great Affinity for love} I hadn't really seen it the first time that I commented on that certain posting. but when I went back today and read it again, I read all the comments. Your's really hit the spot.
I looked through your blog and thought I would place THIS comment to you on what I thought was the nicest posting you did and this one here is so precious. That's why I picked it!
It is so nice!! What a treasure you have in that daughter and how thrilling that she has the Lord in her heart. What can be better than that?

"Phyllis" means "a leaf"...

I left another comment on Mrs. Macs post , so i hope you read it. It is in my appreciation of your comment that I wrote it. God bless you Margie and God bless your little girl!!...From Terry