Thankful


I often talk about Pastor J our lead pastor at Metro. But we have this guy, he’s kind of kooky, and wonderful. His name is Adam, he’s the youth pastor at Metro. His wife Katie is pretty great too.

Phyllis has begun going to Fuel, the Junior High Youth Group at Metro. She likes it, he doesn’t try to make her be something she isn’t, a little crazy. She’s not a jumping bean kind of worshipper, and he doesn’t make her be. She’s not a game player, he doesn’t make her.

I will admit that I was a little concerned that when she started going there that she may not fit in, that maybe somehow Adam would be like “this kid is weird” (I told you I feel like I ruined her on numerous occasions) but after speaking with him one day at the building, his attitude was completely opposite of that. He said something like “if we figure out how to reach her, there’s more kids just like her that we can bring to Christ” that is not a direct quote, but that’s what my heart heard.

Phyllis had been attending both youth groups for the last 2 months or so. She had to figure out where God was calling her to be. I think she’s known but her mom is an idiot. Sunday was her last night at Driven, at least as her home youth group. She’s found her way home to Fuel.

Adam is awesome, he’s crazy, he puts great things on for the kids, in order to bring them to Jesus, the kids love him. Adam has a Jesus heart. I’m proud to know him.

Thanks Adam for being so awesome and giving you all you got for Jesus. As a parent of one of those Fuel kids, I’m so very thankful.


Col 3:15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

Comments

Sara said…
amen.
Becky said…
amen
Unknown said…
Adam has been this amazing most of his life - he just loves Jesus more than most of us and he has a heart for kids - all kids!
and I for one am very grateful and proud -
Adam's mom