Timing


Some people say I have bad timing.

My dad often asks me if I spy on him when he is going into the bathroom, and then I call. Hee! It happens so much that my dad was considering getting a phone in the bathroom. How funny is that?!

It’s a gift

I think about how when I call someone or they call me, and one of us has to say, “I’ll call you right back” because there is something else that demands our attention.

God’s timing is perfect. We don’t always like it, but it is.

Sometimes we want something, for me we’ll talk about a husband. I can’t remember a time that I didn’t want to be married. So much so that I almost married someone who mentally abused me, and I believe that it was only a matter of time before he physically abused me. I know that there are many times in my life when the timing just wouldn’t have been right for me. I now see that something was just around the corner that would have prevented me from giving it my best or my all. God knows what is right for me. I wonder if it’s not the same for my future husband. Maybe right now, he’s not living in God’s will, maybe… oh I don’t know. But I trust God and His timing. Even though sometimes I just don’t like it.

I keep thinking about that 400 years that God didn’t make His presence known among men. I don’t know what I am so preoccupied with it, maybe it’s because I just can’t imagine it. I haven’t walked with the Lord my whole life, but I know He’s walked with me. There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t feel his love, grace, and mercy. 400 years. Back in the day, I don’t think people lived that long, but aren’t generations like 10 years? So for 40 generations, no one heard God. But just then, when God’s timing was right, poof! He sent a Savior. He sent us Jesus. Just when we needed it.

I don’t know about you, but that just blows me away.

Luke 2:10-14 10But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. 11Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ
the Lord. 12This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."
13Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, 14"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests."


P.S. I know it's the same scripture as yesterday, I just can't get tired of reading it...

Comments

John Cowart said…
My oldest daughter, who just got out of an abusive relationship recently, gave me this thought:

Tis better to have loved and lost than to spend the rest of your life with some psycho!
batgirl said…
Good saying, John! I agree wholeheartedly.
Hi Margie. Thanks for visiting Janet's Planet. Your post cracks me up because my husband is a fireman and pretty much every day, I call him to say hello right when the guys are sitting down to eat. I like your blog- did the single mom thing myself for a while. Kudos to you for pulling it off. Not and easy job! God bless.
Heather Smith said…
Great devotional. I can't imagine going through life without God there.
As far as the God's timing thing goes, I'm totally there with you. Sometimes I'm like "COME ON GOD" I don't want to be single anymore. But I know that what He has for me is better than anything I could arrange for myself. So I'll just wait on Him! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I'm gonna add you as a link on mine!!
KayMac said…
Good post. God's timing is so perfect. I am still learning this.
Jada's Gigi said…
Thank goodness Jesus came! God with us...always...back in the day, as you say...God only visited man...now He dwells within us...amazing!
Yes, He has great timing...
Deb said…
Here's what I know. I prayed for a husband --God honored my prayers and sent me the best!

I am still praying for you ---and in God's time, I believe you will be blessed with someone in your life so fabulous that you'll have to pinch yourself (and him!) to see if he's real!