Today


It was quite a great experience at Metro today. T-Fab lost her monitor (it was right in front of her :) ) and we did awesome songs at praise and worship (T-fab did a solo – woo hoo), we missed you Dean (and Marty), please get well soon, but the guys who filled in did a great job. We sang Oh Holy Night, and that is one of my favorite Christmas songs (note to self, do a Fave Christmas song list for a blog) and I probably have sung that song one hundred times over my life. This time however, the words had a completely different meaning. Ok, well, not completely but more depth, I guess you could say.

This one part “Long lay the world, In sin and error pining” this is the part that gets me, I told you I am stuck on the 400 year thing! Down here was a bunch of knuckleheads not living like they should, maybe God was just sitting up on the throne, maybe His heart was breaking, finally, He had enough, He sent His Son, the Savior of the World, for us, for all of us. Whether you followed before or not. For us.

I have heard the Christmas story, at least 33 times, I have even walked up the gifts on so many Christmas Eve nights. And the last couple Sundays, whoa, I just am in awe of the whole Christmas experience. The night that God said, I love you so much, I am going to break my silence, I want to show you a new way, my way. Not about power and might in a scary kind of way, but a power and might of Love and Grace. No more need to sacrifice anything, because I love you so much, I will show you the ultimate sacrifice. I will send you My Son. He’s come to save the world, all you have to do is allow Him in your heart.

That’s what I learned today.


O Holy night,
The stars are brightly shining.
It is the nightOf the dear Saviour's birth;
Long lay the world
In sin and error pining,
Till He appeared
And the soul felt His worth.
A thrill of hope,
The weary world rejoices,
For yonder breaks
A new and glorious morn.
Fall on your knees!
Oh, hear the angel voices!
O night divine,
O night, when Christ was born!
O night, O holy night,O night divine!

Comments

Anonymous said…
i wish we would've been there. how long we still lay in sin and error pining until we learn to feel and accept his worth, huh? the christmas story never gets old. you may have to teach life group!
Anonymous said…
Got me crying again!
I'm seeing Christmas differently this year too, I'm seeing the savior who was born for the one single purpose..for all the world in sin and error pining. I'm seeing this Christmas full of God's love.
KayMac said…
whew...what a gift!
tina fabulous said…
i try to discreetly tell them that my monitor doesnt work and suddenly everyone's a comedian.
men...
oh holy night is one of my faves too. its so much more than a christmas song.