What God sends


On Sunday Pastor J talked about how God hadn’t talked to the people for like 400 years, which quite honestly seemed kind of nuts to me because there are many instances every day that God speaks to me. So then Pastor J went on to Luke 2:10 But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. 11Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. Pastor J went on in his silly way “God didn’t send us a teacher, etc, He sent a Savior” because that is what we needed.

I think about my life and how God sends just what I need, just when I need it. Not what I want (I get that sometimes too) but what I need.

My dad is currently in my basement, ripping up the galvanized plumbing out of my basement because it needed to be done. I will tell you, it’s not really what I wanted. I had a stressful day, I could have come home, crawled into bed, and slept until this morning, but the world doesn’t stop because Margie is stressed. And God sends us just what we need.

So, first I must apologize if you have ever drank any water out of my house, the pipes were pretty gross, but good thing is, you got your iron. Second, I must say that God put it on my dad’s heart and mind, just in time. The fittings were starting to leak, that could have been a real mess if not caught in time.

I talked to a good friend today on my way to work. Just what I needed.

He sent me a new boss (Well, really, He changed the reporting structure) just in time for the doubt if I could do it set in (she believes I can do anything).

He sends great messages when we need to hear them through friends, TV, pastors, and family.

He sent me someone to laugh so hard yesterday, I teared up. I needed to laugh.

And in the little town of Bethlehem, just when we needed it, He sent us a Savior.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sorry you've been stressed. Praying for a little bit of the Lords peace to restore you.
Jada's Gigi said…
I love reading your blog and sometimes i forget to come over here..and then when I do remember I get something like this...:)
AMEN! He always sends exactly what we need...cause He knows what we need before we think or ask...Wow...He's awesome isn't He?
Sorry you're feeling stressed...me too...its a season...this too shall pass.
KayMac said…
Amen! Thankful for my Savior. Sorry about the stress...
Sara said…
God rocks. and so does your dad. and i'm thankful that He sent me you. Both God and your dad get credit for that.
Pat said…
What a dad!
What a Savior!!